North Birmingham Academy has a policy that all students wear full Academy uniform. it is adhered to by all, the students have a sense of belonging. A uniform encourages pride and creates a good image inside and outside the building. Students dressed incorrectly may be withdrawn from lessons or sent home until their appearance is acceptable. If there are problems, we request parents contact the Group Tutor for help and advice.
Uniform can be bought from Clive Marks Schoolwear (Wylde Green, Sutton Coldfield) or ordered online from the Clive Marks website.
The correct uniform for boys and girls is listed below, all items are compulsory unless marked otherwise. Variations are NOT ALLOWED:
- 1 plain ring with no setting
- 1 pair of simple gold or silver ear studs. Stretchers are NOT allowed due to Health and Safety .
- 1 watch
- NO bracelets
- Make-up is NOT allowed (including nail varnish)
- Only thin, purple, black or brown hair bands are allowed
- Trainers are NOT allowed, except for P.E. lessons
- Studs and sleepers are NOT allows in any other part of the body
- Extremes of hairstyle, especially those likely to cause offence to other members of the community, are not allowed. Students will be sent home until they conform.
- NO unnatural hair colours
- NO patterned or shave eyebrows
- Religious headwear MUST be black
- NO hats, caps, scarves, gloves and hoodies worn inside the Academy building
- NO visible tattoos
- NO long nails or false nails